Data Science Fundamentals with Python
In this two-week workshop, you’ll learn the fundamentals of programming Python with an application towards data analysis; after completion of this workshop, you’ll be better prepared to learn data science.
This workshop is for: analysts, product managers, statisticians, business managers and anyone else who wants to build their Python skills in preparation for the Data Science Immersive or other projects.
What You’ll Learn:
Whether you’ve programmed in other languages or Python is your first, this class will teach you the nuances of Python and how to use them to your advantage in your data science projects. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Environment Setup
- Data Scientist Workflow
- Ins and Outs of Coding Pythonically
- Object Oriented Programming
- Popular Data Science Libraries including Matplotlib, Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn
Who Should Take this Class?
For those of you interested in learning to program in Python, so you may be better prepared for self-study in data science, this course will help you get up to speed.
Those of you who are interested in gaining the skills required for admittance to the Data Science Immersive; this course is designed to help you meet that bar.
A desire to learn.
• Bring your laptop and power cable.
• Install Anaconda with Python version 3.6 on your machine: http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/install.html
• Install a text editor: https://atom.io
• If you have trouble with installation, we will assist on the first day at 5:30pm.
MONDAY - THURSDAY
February 5th - 15th
5:30pm – 8:00pm
- Unix commands
- Numeric variables
- booleans, conditionals, strings, & lists
- functions, lists, dictionary, for loops
- Linear regression
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
When: Tuesday, Feb. 6 - 12:30 am
Friday, Feb. 16 3:00 am
Web: Visit Website