What could be better than creamy, cold goodness? Answer: enjoying it while basking in the shadow of the Flatirons in the gorgeous city of Boulder!
Boulder is home to many ice cream and frozen yogurt spots that dish up delicious favorites, special flavors and old-time traditions. Here’s a look at some of Boulder’s best spots for yummy, cool treats:
• Aspen Leaf Yogurt is located at 637 S. Broadway and opening soon at 6562 Lookout Road. This fun spot has a special way to dish up its treats. The whole store is self-serve, and features 16 types of frozen yogurt. There are 72 toppings to choose from that you can assemble yourself to create the perfect treat. Guests simply pick a container and then create. You then pay for your FoYo creation by weight.
• Boulder Chill sits at 2525 Arapahoe Ave. This has been a Boulder tradition for over 20 years and now serves Blue Bunny products. The Boulder Chill has both ice cream and frozen yogurt plus an astounding 50 toppings.
• Bova's Frozen Custard is located at 1325 Broadway. Keep your eyes peeled to spot this place that’s really just a hole in the wall. Frozen custard is a special treat that is favored by many as a true delicacy. Bova’s has chocolate and vanilla daily. It also has a varying custom flavor and an Italian ice selection that changes on a regular basis. Check out Bova’s renowned ice cream cookie sandwiches or the “Brain Freeze,” a special combination of frozen custard and Italian ice!
• Maiberry's sits off 14th and Pearl at 1433 Pearl St. This spot uses fat-free Greek yogurt plus skim milk to create a frozen yogurt treat. Maiberry’s also has shaved ice, green tea, coffee drinks and smoothies to suit your fancy.
• Smooch Frozen Yogurt and Mochi sits at 1926 14th St. This tiny spot offers bite-sized mocha in a wide variety of flavors, including unusual ones. It also has FroYo that you can top with a variety of treats from sinful to healthy. The shop also sells snow ice, shave ice and even steel cut oatmeal.
• Two Spoons is located at 1021 Pearl St. This fun spot changes seasonally. It has soup come winter and gelato and frozen yogurt in the warmer months. Two Spoons makes both the frozen yogurt and the gelato locally. Both are extremely unique to the shop.
• Ben & Jerry’s is located at 1203 Pearl St. This special spot holds a enviable spot along the Pearl Street Mall and is a true Boulder tradition. You’ll find all of your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavors here and enjoy sampling new ones that will soon become new faves.